Electro-optical MASINT/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Electro-optical MASINT, or pages that link to Electro-optical MASINT or to this page or whose text .
- Infrared : Add brief definition or description
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- Visible light : Electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that is detectable by the human eye.
- Ultraviolet : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum between the visible light and X-ray regions
- Airborne electro-optical missile tracking MASINT : A United States Air Force aircraft for collecting measurement and signature intelligence, primarily on foreign missiles. A COBRA BALL aircraft can be converted to a RC-135 RIVET JOINT.
- Electro-optical artillery detection MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Electro-optical tracking : The use of electronics, possibly in combination with mechanical positioning systems, to aim an optical system at a source of infrared, visible, or ultraviolet light, and follow it for purposes of observation or weapons guidance
- Terrestrial nonimaging infrared MASINT : a subset of electro-optical MASINT and measurement and signature intelligence, which senses energy, energy differences, or energy spectra in the infrared wavelengths, using ground-based sensors
- LASER MASINT : The use of lasers as part of electro-optical MASINT systems, such as laser rangefinders and other electro-optical tracking for cueing; the measurement and signatures of adversary lasers; and the use of lasers as remote exciters for spectroscopic MASINT
- Optical measurement of nuclear explosions MASINT : Techniques combining electro-optical tracking with sequential measurement of the size and shape of the fireball, possibly combining spectroscopic MASINT, used in projects SPEEDLIGHT and BURNING LIGHT, and other above-ground tests
- Spectroscopic MASINT : A electro-optical measurement and signature intelligence technique to measure the electromagnetic spectrum reflected from or emitted by an object, typically within the infrared through ultraviolet wavelength range, and compare it to spectral signatures of known objects
- Space-based staring infrared MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it
- Geophysical MASINT : A branch of measurement and signature intelligence that involves phenomena transmitted through the earth (ground, water, atmosphere) and manmade structures including emitted or reflected sounds, pressure waves, vibrations, and magnetic field or ionosphere disturbances.
- Imagery intelligence : the practice of taking and interpreting visible and infrared light photographs and video, radar imagery, and other ways to form pictures of subjects of interest
- Materials MASINT : A discipline involving the measurement of signatures from the collection, processing, and analysis of gas, liquid, or solid samples; it complements technical intelligence: a technical intelligence analyst would work with a captured example of the weapon, or at least pieces of it, to come to that understanding of the propellant, while an analyst of this technique would infer the propellant through analysis of the exhaust
- Nuclear MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence, primarily dealing with the effects of real-time radiation events, such as nuclear explosions, radioactive clouds from accidents or terrorism, etc., or the cumulative effects of radiation, as in radiation embrittlement; closely related to materials MASINT analysis of fallout and irradiated samples
- Radar MASINT : The use of radar signals to obtain information beyond imaging of a target or its simple position, such as motion, reflectivity and surface characteristics, etc.; this technical information may be combined with imaging radar or traditional tracking radar
- Radiofrequency MASINT : Collection and processing of intelligence information derived from unintentional electromagnetic radiation from targets of interest
- Remote viewing : Add brief definition or description
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- Spectroscopy : The study of a system or object by means of selected frequency bands in the electromagnetic spectrum.