Religion in the United States/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Religion in the United States, or pages that link to Religion in the United States or to this page or whose text .
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
U.S. religious groups
These are the religious/liturgical organizations, not primarily interest groups; not all are hierarchies since some religions have no central authority
- Episcopal Church in the United States of America : Add brief definition or description
- Islamic Society of North America : A U.S. organization describing itself as building bridges within the diversity of Islam and among people of faith; accused of being a Saudi front
- National Association of Congregational Christian Churches : Add brief definition or description
- Southern Baptist Convention : A large North American Christian denomination and religious hierarchy
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints : A restorationist Christian denomination founded in 1830 by Joseph Smith, Jr. and currently headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Unitarian Universalist Association : A liberal religious tradition, beginning with separate movements that rejected the Trinity and other than universal salvation, and evolved into a spiritual environment also accepting humanism and earth-centered spirituality
- United Church of Christ : Add brief definition or description
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops : Add brief definition or description
- Christian Left : A number of contemporary left-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially liberal/progressive values in politics and the popular culture; they generally are for more separation of church and state than is the Christian Right
- Christian Right : A number of contemporary right-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially conservative values in politics and the popular culture
- Church of Scientology : Controversial religion based on the teachings of American author L. Ron Hubbard.
- Unification Church : Add brief definition or description
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Civil society : The space for social activity outside the market, state and household; the arena of uncoerced collective action around shared interests, purposes and values.
- Creationism : The belief that the world and the universe were created by God.
- Cults : Add brief definition or description
- New religious movements : Add brief definition or description
- Social capital : Productive assets arising out of social relations, such as trust, cooperation, solidarity, social networks of relations and those beliefs, ideologies and institutions that contribute to production of goods.