- See also changes related to Recreation, or pages that link to Recreation or to this page or whose text .
Contributors: see also the Citizendium Recreation Workgroups
- Culture : UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (2002) defined culture as "... the set of distinctive spiritual, material, intellectual and emotional features of a society or a social group..." that "encompasses, in addition to art and literature, lifestyles, ways of living together, value systems, traditions and beliefs".
- Games : A structured or semi-structured contrived activity, primarily undertaken for enjoyment or, sometimes, practice.
- Hobbies : Pastime, avocation, para-profession or part time occupation.
- Sports : Activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Boys and girls club: Add brief definition or description
- Intramural sports: Add brief definition or description
- Little league: Add brief definition or description
- Play (activity): Add brief definition or description
- Senior center: Add brief definition or description
- Social club: Add brief definition or description
- Forty hour week: A widespread, near-universal standard in industrialized countries for defining a working week that arose in the early 20th century, as labor organizations and individual workers pressed for higher wages and greater leisure. The 40-hour work week also created the institution of the weekend. Many variations of the standard 40-hour week have also emerged, including the 37-hour week, the four-day week, and many others.