Radiation oncology/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Radiation oncology, or pages that link to Radiation oncology or to this page or whose text .
- Oncology : The medical diagnosis and treatment of neoplasia, using pharmacologic, radiation, immunologic and surgical techniques; relevant formal subspecialties are medical oncology in internal medicine and radiation oncology in radiology; surgeons also may specialize in neoplasia
- Radiology : A physician specialty with a core competence in obtaining and diagnosing by means of instruments that receive energy transmitted through the body; there are a number of subspecialties.
- Computer-assisted radiotherapy planning : Computer-assisted mathematical calculations of beam angles, intensities of radiation, and duration of irradiation in radiotherapy
- Dose fractionation : Administration of the total dose of radiation (radiation dosage) in parts, at timed intervals
- Health physics : The science concerned with problems of radiation protection relevant to reducing or preventing radiation exposure, and the effects of ionizing radiation on humans and their environment
- Brachytherapy : A collective term for interstitial, intracavity, and surface radiotherapy. It uses small sealed or partly-sealed sources that may be placed on or near the body surface or within a natural body cavity or implanted directly into the tissues.
- Electron beam therapy : Add brief definition or description
- Plesiotherapy : Add brief definition or description
- X-ray therapy : Add brief definition or description