- See also changes related to Proto-Indo-Europeans, or pages that link to Proto-Indo-Europeans or to this page or whose text .
- Language (general) : A type of communication system, commonly used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on. A wider definition of language - what counts as a language and what doesn't - is a difficult philosophical topic, deserving an article in its own right.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Historical linguistics : The study of how languages change over time, and linguistic patterns within that change.
- Comparative linguistics : (also known as comparative philology) A branch of historical linguistics that uses a number of methods of comparing languages to establish their historical relatedness.
- Language families : Add brief definition or description
- Proto-Indo-European language : Unattested, reconstructed common ancestor of the Indo-European languages, spoken by the Proto-Indo-Europeans.