- See also changes related to Porphyria, or pages that link to Porphyria or to this page or whose text .
- Heme : Deep red, nonprotein, ferrous molecule that binds with proteins as a cofactor or prosthetic group to form the haemoproteins.
- Porphyrin : Class of cyclic compounds in which the parent macrocycle consists of four pyrrole-type units interconnected at their α carbon atoms via a methine bridge, and functioning as a metal-binding cofactor in haemoglobin, chlorophyll, and certain enzymes.
Enzymes with porphyrin
- Hemoglobin : Iron-containing allosteric protein in erythrocytes of vertebrates, consisting of about 6 percent heme and 94 percent globin; also the clinical measurement of hemoglobin per volume of whole blood, varying with age and sex
- Myoglobin : Add brief definition or description
- Catalase : Add brief definition or description
- Peroxidase : Add brief definition or description
- Respiratory cytochrome : Add brief definition or description
- Cytochrome P-450 : A superfamily of hundreds of closely related hemeproteins found throughout the phylogenetic spectrum, from animals, plants, fungi, to bacteria.
Drugs to treat porhyria
- King George III : Add brief definition or description
- Vampire : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Vampire (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.