Nathaniel Fick/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Nathaniel Fick, or pages that link to Nathaniel Fick or to this page or whose text .
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Counterinsurgency : Theory and practice of defeating insurgency without creating even more local resistance or strategic failures
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Center for a New American Security : A fairly new national security think tank, the founders of which are now in the Obama administration; some of the new senior members have significant field counterinsurgency experience
- Center for Strategic and International Studies : A bipartisan U.S. think tank that does research and policy recommendations in international affairs, headquartered in Washington, D.C.
Mentors and colleagues
- Thomas Ricks : A military analyst and author, formerly a newspaper journalist, and now at the Center for a New American Security and Foreign Policy; wrote major books on Iraq War
- John Nagl : President of the Center for a New American Security; member of the Defense Policy Board,a Visiting Professor in the War Studies Department at Kings College of London, member Council on Foreign Relations, International Institute for Strategic Studies; retired lieutenant colonel, United States Army; combat experience in Gulf War and Iraq War
- Michelle Flournoy : U.S. strategic analyst; Under Secretary of Defense for Policy in the Obama administration; Aspen Strategy Group, Aspen Institute; cofounder of the Center for a New American Security; Expert panel, Iraq Study Group
- Kurt Campbell : Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian Affairs in the Obama Administration; co-founder of the Center for a New American Security; Aspen Strategy Group, Aspen Institute; spouse of Lael Brainard