Modular arithmetic/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Modular arithmetic, or pages that link to Modular arithmetic or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Modular arithmetic. Needs checking by a human.
- Algebra : A branch of mathematics concerning the study of structure, relation and quantity.
- Asymmetric key cryptography : A category of cryptographic techniques, which greatly simplify key management, which are based on mathematically related key pairs, such that the "public" key can be used to encrypt and be freely available, and only the holder of the "private" key can decrypt the message
- Carmichael number : A composite number c such that ac−1 ≡ 1 (mod c) for all a that are coprime with c.
- Chinese remainder theorem : Theorem that if the integers m1, m2, …, mn are relatively prime in pairs and if b1, b2, …, bn are integers, then there exists an integer that is congruent to bi modulo mi for i=1,2, …, n.
- Congruence (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Cubic reciprocity : Various results connecting the solvability of two related cubic equations in modular arithmetic, generalising the concept of quadratic reciprocity.
- Cyclic group : A group consisting of the powers of a single element.
- Dirichlet character : A group homomorphism on the multiplicative group in modular arithmetic extended to a multiplicative function on the positive integers.
- Equivalence relation : A reflexive symmetric transitive binary relation on a set.
- Examples of groups : Add brief definition or description
- Field (mathematics) : An algebraic structure with operations generalising the familiar concepts of real number arithmetic.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Modulus (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Number theory : The study of integers and relations between them.
- One-time pad : A cipher system in which the cryptographic key, i.e. the secret used to encrypt and decrypt messages, is a sequence of random values, each one of which is only ever used once, and only to encrypt one particular letter or word.
- Polynomial : A formal expression obtained from constant numbers and one or indeterminates; the function defined by such a formula.
- Quadratic equation : An equation of the form ax2 + bx + c = 0 where a, b and c are constants.
- Quadratic residue : A number which is the residue of a square integer with respect to a given modulus.