Karl Eikenberry/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Karl Eikenberry, or pages that link to Karl Eikenberry or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. policy towards Afghanistan : The grand strategy of the United States towards Afghanistan, dealing with the continuing Afghanistan War (2001-) both with its own and multinational resources (e.g., NATO International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and the United Nations Mission to Afghanistan (UNAMA)]]
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- United States Department of State : Add brief definition or description
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization : Intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
- Lieutenant general : A senior military rank in ground or air forces, leading a corps-size organization, occupying a major staff leadership role, or, in some countries, commanding the entire military
- Infantry : Soldiers that directly confront the enemy, overcoming them with fire and maneuver while on foot or in specialized vehicles
- David McKiernan : A U.S Army General who was relieved early of command of the International Security Assistance Force, NATO's headquarters in Afghanistan; he commanded the ground forces in the Iraq War and is an armored combat specialist, as opposed to his replacement, GEN Stanley McChrystal, a special operations officer
- Stanley McChrystal : General, United States Army; senior Western military officer in Afghanistan, commanding the International Security Assistance Force and United States Forces-Afghanistan; professional background in special operations including heading the Joint Special Operations Command and 75th Ranger Regiment; previously Military Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations