Israeli Defense Forces/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Israeli Defense Forces, or pages that link to Israeli Defense Forces or to this page or whose text .
- Israel : Country in the Middle East.
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- Air, artillery and missile defense : An integrated approach to defending surface forces against all types of weapons that fly through the atmosphere or space; a radar may detect artillery shells, helicopters, or missiles, while a close-in gun may shoot down any of them
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Counterterrorism : A range of activities that prevent attempted terrorism well before an actual act is close to being executed, including killing or capturing terrorists; complements and can include anti-terrorism, or measures taken to minimize the impact of an attempted or completed act; counterterrorism proper is "enemy centric" rather than counterinsurgency, which is "people-centric"
- Merkava (tank) : Add brief definition or description
- M109 howitzer : A family of self-propelled 155mm howitzers developed by the U.S. Army
- M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System : A fully-tracked artillery firing platform that carries two munitions pods, containing either six rockets or short-range surface-to-surface missiles, or one MGM-140 ATACMS tactical ballistic missile
- F-15I Eagle fighter : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant. The F-15I is manufactured specifically for Israel.
- F-15E Strike Eagle : A variant of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter, which is optimized for all-weather attack on ground targets
- F-16I fighter : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD. The F-16I is the variant for Israel, which has primarily Israeli electronics.
- Sa'ar 5-class : Add brief definition or description
- Gal-class : Israeli Defense Forces submarine, built in Britain using the German Type 209-class design
- Dolphin-class : The latest submarine class in the Israeli Defense Forces, a variant of the German Type 800-class
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- Ballistic missile defense : A combination of sensors, command and control systems, and missile/warhead kill mechanisms that protect a region, or, in the case of the U.S., theaters of operations as well as the nation proper.
- Theater ballistic missile : A short- to medium- or intermediate-range surface-to-surface missile intended for use within a region rather than between continents, whose speed is less than that of an intercontinental ballistic missile making it an easier ballistic missile defense problem
- Arrow (missile) : A high-altitude anti-ballistic missile, co-developed by Israel and the United States, intended to engage theater ballistic missiles above the range of the complementary MIM-104 Patriot
- AN/TPY-2 : Add brief definition or description
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (missile) : Add brief definition or description
- MIM-104 Patriot : Add brief definition or description