F-15 Eagle/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to F-15 Eagle, or pages that link to F-15 Eagle or to this page or whose text .
- Air Combat Command : The United States Air Force headquarters responsibility for preparing and training resources for the operational Unified Combatant Commands, as well as doctrinal development
- Fighter aircraft : Airplanes that have a principal mission of destroying other airplanes in flight, often with a secondary capability to attack ground targets
- Air superiority : The condition in war in which one side dominates the other side to the extent that it is implausible that the inferior side can put up any effective air missions.
- Ballistic missile defense : A combination of sensors, command and control systems, and missile/warhead kill mechanisms that protect a region, or, in the case of the U.S., theaters of operations as well as the nation proper.
- F-15 series fighter aircraft : A series of fourth-generation air-to-air and all-weather fighter-bomber aircraft developed by the United States Air Force as the high end of a "high-low" mix with the F-16 Fighting Falcon; used by several friendly countries and has the best air-to-air combat record of any operational fighter
- F-15E Strike Eagle : A variant of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter, which is optimized for all-weather attack on ground targets
- United States Air Force : Branch of the U.S. armed forces responsible for land-based aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- Japanese Air Self Defense Force : Add brief definition or description
- Israeli Defense Forces : The combined ground, air, and naval armed forces of the state of Israel
- Royal Saudi Air Force : Lavishly equipped and with some combat experience from the Gulf War, the air force of Saudi Arabia
- ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- ALQ-184 : A 1990s-vintage multiband radar jammer, in current use, that can use the AN/ALE-50 towed decoy, used by the U.S. and Taiwan
- ALR-56 : A radar warning receiver, part of the electronic warfare suite for most F-15 series fighter aircraft
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- APG-63 : A radar system for F-15 Eagle and, in its fourth version, F-15E Strike Eagle fighters
- APG-70 : An evolutionary branch, which added ground mapping as well as air-to-air tracking & fire control, of the AN/APG-63 radar of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter. It was introduced for the F-15E Strike Eagle fighter-bomber variant, and its function will reconverge into the AN/APG-63 series as V(4).
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- AIM-9 Sidewinder : The first operational heat-seeking air-to-air missile, this weapon, with five generations of improvements, has been in service for over fifty years.
- Network Centric Airborne Defense Element (missile) : An air-launched anti-ballistic missile intended for boost-phase intercept, built on largely existing components from the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and AN/APG-63 radar
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- F-22 Raptor : Add brief definition or description
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter : Add brief definition or description
- John Boyd : Add brief definition or description
- John Warden III : Add brief definition or description
- Panavia Tornado : Add brief definition or description
- MiG-29 (fighter) : Add brief definition or description
- Su-27 (fighter) : Add brief definition or description
- Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii : Add brief definition or description