Israel-Palestine security/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Israel-Palestine security, or pages that link to Israel-Palestine security or to this page or whose text .
- Asymmetrical warfare : Conflict in which one side does not directly confront the strength of the other; often applied to guerilla warfare and terrorism but also used for high technology against a more traditional force
- Deterrence : A set of policies and actions that prevent an opponent from taking an undesired action
- Israel : Country in the Middle East.
- Palestine : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Palestine (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Gaza Strip : 26-mile-long Middle Eastern coastal region long the Mediterranean Sea, bordering Egypt and Israel; population about 1.4 million Palestinian people, governed by Hamas since June 2007.
- West Bank : Areas on the West Bank of the Jordan River, assigned to Jordan by the United Nations resolution that partitioned the British Mandate of Palestine, which have been under Israeli control since the 1967 Arab-Israeli War
- Unguided rocket : A form of artillery weapon that uses a rocket motor to propel a warhead at a target, using no guidance once launched
- Mortar : A piece of artillery, sometimes light enough to be carried by infantry, which has a short barrel length relative to the shell caliber, and fires in a high indirect trajectory, often desirable to fire over obstacles.
- Suicide attack : A means of attack with a weapon guided by a human who will inevitably die in the attempt
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- Counterterrorism : A range of activities that prevent attempted terrorism well before an actual act is close to being executed, including killing or capturing terrorists; complements and can include anti-terrorism, or measures taken to minimize the impact of an attempted or completed act; counterterrorism proper is "enemy centric" rather than counterinsurgency, which is "people-centric"