Internal medicine/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Internal medicine, or pages that link to Internal medicine or to this page or whose text .
Most of these specialties can be entered from pediatrics as well as internal medicine. See the specific secondary specialty entry for information on tertiary and quaternary subspecialization
- Allergy and immunology : In medicine medical specialty concerned with the hypersensitivity of the individual to foreign substances and protection from the resultant infection or disorder; may be a subspecialty of internal medicine or pediatrics; also includes the biological scientific study of the immune system and the development of laboratory support for immune phenomena
- Cardiology : The subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the cardiovascular system
- Endocrinology : Generically, the study of glands and the hormonal regulation of physiology; also the subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with diseases of the endocrine system
- Gastroenterology : A subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the study of the physiology and diseases of the digestive system and related structures (esophagus, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas
- Hematology : In broad terms, the study of the morphology, physiology, and pathology of the blood and blood-forming tissues; also a subspecialty of internal medicine dealing with the diseases of these tissues
- Medical oncology : The subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with neoplasms and treating them with means other than surgery or radiotherapy; usually works in an interdisciplinary manner with radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists
- Infectious disease : In broad terms, diseases caused by living organisms; also a subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the treatment of such diseases
- Pulmonary medicine : A subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the study of the respiratory system. It is especially concerned with diagnosis and treatment of diseases and defects of the lungs and bronchial tree.
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine