- See also changes related to Hepcidin, or pages that link to Hepcidin or to this page or whose text .
- Human iron metabolism : Mechanisms of ingestion, distribution, use and excretion of iron by the human body, as well as an introduction to disorders of iron metabolism
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Liver : A vital organ of humans and other vertebrates, it is the largest solid organ in the human body.
- Anemia : A condition characterized by insufficient circulating and effective hemoglobin in blood to support normal physiology.
- Ferroportin : Add brief definition or description
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Macrophage : A type of leukocyte (i.e., white blood cells) that is associated with chronic inflammatory response. It digests foreign cells using the mechanism of phagocytosis, and both circulates in the blood, but later attaches to tissue as a part of local immune response.
- Reticuloendothelial system : Part of the immune system, consisting of the phagocytic cells located in reticular connective tissue, and primarily monocytes and macrophages.