Heinrich Himmler/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Heinrich Himmler, or pages that link to Heinrich Himmler or to this page or whose text .
- Adolf Hitler : (1889–1945) Politician in Germany; became 1921 Nazi Party leader, 1933 Reichskanzler (Chancellor), then 1934 as der Führer dictator before and during World War II.
- German National Socialist Workers' Party : The specific German political and governing organization, also known as the NSDAP and (German) Nazi Party, led by Adolf Hitler, that was based on the ideology of National Socialism. There were other Nazi parties, and there were other political organizations that followed the tenets of National Socialism.
- Schutzstaffel : A Nazi German organization, the "SS". technically part of the National Socialist German Workers' Party but in many respects a "state within a state", its functions intermingled with government offices in a manner characteristic of Adolf Hitler's desire to keep final control. While it is best known for its security and genocidal operations, it also had major economic and regular military roles, a far growth from its original role as Hitler's personal bodyguard
- The Holocaust : Nazi Germany's systematic economic exploitation, followed by killing, of European Jews and others deemed racial and ideological enemies
- Franz Pfeffer von Salamon : (1888-1968) German WWI veteran, Freikorps leader, early Nazi Gauleiter, and head of the Sturmabteilung (SA) between 1926 and 1930 Pfeffer, as SA chief much senior to Himmler, allowed Himmler to set up the first SS recruiting rules, drawing personnel from the SA
- RSHA : Nazi Germany's Reich Main Security Organization, a division of the SS, first headed by Reinhard Heydrich and then Ernst Kaltenbrunner; included the Gestapo and SD
- WVHA : The economic and administrative organization of Nazi Germany's SS, whose responsibilities included the actual operation of concentration camps
- Waffen SS : "Armed SS", principally SS elite combat units of divisional and corps strength, but also used for special duties in security and genocide; overall command of Oberstgruppenfuehrer Paul Hausser
- Totenkopf SS : Detachments of the SS organized into concentration camp guards by Theodor Eicke
- Allegemeine SS : Add brief definition or description
- RuSHA : Main Race and Settlement Office (Rasse-und Siedlungshauptamt), part of the RSHA of the SS; responsible both for development of implementation policy for Nazi race and biological ideology and examining individuals to determine their Nazi racial classification; the focus of the RuSHA Case of the Nuremberg Military Tribunals, which also judged three related organizations
- VOMI : Repatriation Office for Ethnic Germans (Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle), commonly known as “ VOMI ”; an SS organization concerned with developing policy for implementation the Nazi race and biological ideology
- Rudolf Brandt : Standartenfuhrer (colonel) of the Nazi SS who was personal administrative officer to Heinrich Himmler; executed after conviction for war crimes in the Medical Case of the Nuremberg Military Tribunals
- Reinhard Heydrich : First commander of the RSHA of the SS, then Nazi Protector of Bohemia and Moravia until his assassination
- Ernst Kaltenbrunner : Second commander of the Reich Main Security Administration (RSHA) of the SS of Nazi Germany; executed for war crimes by the International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg)
- Oswald Pohl : SS-Obergruppenfuehrer, Waffen SS; Head of the SS WVHA; and its Amtsgruppe W; executed by verdict of the Pohl Case (NMT)
- Military wings of political organizations : In totalitarian or unstable states, political organizations have overt or covert military organizations to cement or gain power through undemocratic means
- German Resistance : Individuals and groups in Nazi Germany who opposed the regime of Adolf Hitler between 1933 and 1945.
- Security organization of Saddam Hussein : The multiple security organizations that protected the person, government, and sensitive projects of Saddam Hussein, also cross-checking one another
- Wilhelm Frick : (1877-1946) Early Nazi who took part in the Beer Hall Putsch; later Reich Minister of the Interior of Nazi Germany with authority over the Nuremberg Laws; titular authority over the police apparatus that was actually controlled by Heinrich Himmler; last Protector of Bohemia and Moravia; executed by the International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg)