Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Geriatrics, or pages that link to Geriatrics or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Geriatrics. Needs checking by a human.
- Accidental fall : Fall due to slipping or tripping which results in injury.
- American College of Physicians : American organization of doctors of internal medicine (internists), and physicians.
- Anomia : A language dysfunction characterized by the inability to name people and objects that are correctly perceived.
- Atrial fibrillation : Condition where there is disorganised electrical conduction in the atria, resulting in ineffective pumping of blood into the ventricle.
- : Prerequisites for entry into Chiropractic College, course requirements for matriculation and degrees available.
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Council on Chiropractic Education : The agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for accrediting programs and institutions which lead to the degree of 'Doctor of Chiropractic'.
- Delirium : A disorder characterized by confusion; inattentiveness; disorientation; illusions; hallucinations; agitation; and in some instances autonomic nervous system hyperactivity.
- Depression : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Depression (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Electrocardiogram : Recording of the electrical activity of the heart on a moving strip of paper.
- Evolutionary medicine : The study of diseases from the point of view of human evolutionary biology
- Exercise : Regular physical activity that is usually done with the intention of improving or maintaining physical fitness or health.
- Gerontology : Biomedical, sociological and psychological study of aging.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent : Medication other than corticosteroids having analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory activity due to their ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins.
- Occupational therapy : A rehabilitative service that aims to make people as independent as possible, focused on training in, and assistive devices for, activities of daily living
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Preoperative care : Preparation and management of a patient prior to surgery.
- Urinary tract infection : Inflammatory process occurring in the kidney, ureter, bladder, or adjacent structures that occurs when microorganisms enter through the urethra.