Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Electrocardiogram, or pages that link to Electrocardiogram or to this page or whose text .
- Heart : A chambered muscular organ in organisms that pumps blood received from the veins into the arteries, thereby maintaining the flow of blood through the entire circulatory system.
- P wave : Add brief definition or description
- QRS complex : Add brief definition or description
- T wave : Add brief definition or description
- QT interval : In cardiology and the electrocardiogram, the time between the start of the Q wave and the end of the T wave.
- Atrial fibrillation : Condition where there is disorganised electrical conduction in the atria, resulting in ineffective pumping of blood into the ventricle.
- Atrial tachycardia : Add brief definition or description
- Arterioventricular block : Add brief definition or description
- Ventricular fibrillation : Add brief definition or description
- Ventricular tachycardia : Add brief definition or description
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome : A form of ventricular preexcitation syndrome characterized by a short PR interval and a long QRS interval with a delta wave. In this syndrome, atrial impulse conducts to the heart ventricles via an accessory pathway located between the wall of the right or left heart atria and the ventricles, known as the bundle of Kent. The inherited form can be caused by mutation of PRKAG2 gene encoding a gamma-2 regulatory subunit of AMP-activated protein kinase.
Cardiac electrical system
- Sinoatrial node : The part of the mammalian heart in which electrical signals triggering heart contractions normally begin
- Atrioventricular node : Add brief definition or description
- Purkinje fibers : Add brief definition or description
Clinical entities and actions
- Acute coronary syndrome : Set of signs and symptoms related to the heart, due to myocardial ischemia.
- Angina pectoris : Add brief definition or description
- Myocardial infarction : A heart attack, gross necrosis of the myocardium, resulting from interruption of the blood supply to the area.
- Myocardial ischemia : Reversible reduction in the supply of blood to the heart muscle (i.e., myocardium), commonly causing the pain of angina
- Advanced cardiac life support : The use of methods and equipment, beyond the level of cardiopulmonary resuscitation but less than surgical or interventional cardiology, to treat cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Pulmonary embolism : Add brief definition or description
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine : Add brief definition or description