Forwarding plane/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Forwarding plane, or pages that link to Forwarding plane or to this page or whose text .
- Bridge (computer network) : A relay that makes forwarding plane decisions based on MAC addresses or other link-local address information
- Routing : The process of receiving a packet on one interface of a router, validating the packet and forwarding it out the appropriate interface.
- Access control list : Used in computers and security to specify if an input value is permitted to perform a particular action.
- Forwarding information base : Add brief definition or description
- Cache : Add brief definition or description
- Circuit switching : Constituent electric circuit of a switching or digital processing system which receives, stores, or manipulates information in coded form to accomplish the specified objectives of the system.
- Control plane : Functions in a router that tell it how to direct packets through the forwarding plane; include routing protocols that draw the "map" of the network
- Packet switching : Network communications method that groups all transmitted data, irrespective of content, type, or structure into suitably-sized blocks, called packets.
- Routing information base : An electronic table (file) or database type object that is stored in a router or a networked computer.