Forwarding information base/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Forwarding information base, or pages that link to Forwarding information base or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Forwarding information base. Needs checking by a human.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode : A technology for the transfer of fixed-length "cells" of digital information through specialized cell switches built on top of optical transmission networks; increasingly obsolescent
- Datagram : A self-contained unit of data, containing a source and destination address analogous to a letter, which can be efficiently forwarded by routers
- Forwarding plane : The part of the router architecture that decides what to do with packets arriving on an inbound interface.
- Ingress filtering : A class of network security measures based on the assumption that a packet entering a network must be forged, if the network has no return route to its source address
- Packet : A unit of information transferred between intermediate switches or routers in a packet-based communication system; the most basic differentiation of packets are whether they contain full source and destination addresses (i.e., are datagrams) or have only the identifier of a connection, which the intermediate device needs to look up to find the destination and take a second step to decide where to forward the packet
- Routing information base : An electronic table (file) or database type object that is stored in a router or a networked computer.