Division (military)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Division (military), or pages that link to Division (military) or to this page or whose text .
- Unit (military) : A group of soldiers, with specified equipment, under a specific chain of command.
- Brigade : A military unit of 3,000 to 5,000 soldiers, organized either for a combined arms combat function or a support role
- Corps : The highest-level military headquarters that has an operational art mission, as opposed to tactical and support/administrative role; normally commanded by a major general or lieutenant general
- David Petraeus : General, U.S. Army, presently commanding United States Central Command after having the senior command in Iraq, long associated with counterinsurgency doctrine
- Division (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description}}
- Infantry : Soldiers that directly confront the enemy, overcoming them with fire and maneuver while on foot or in specialized vehicles
- Information operations : The integrated employment of the core capabilities of electronic warfare, computer network operations, psychological operations, military deception, and operations security.
- International Security Assistance Force : United Nations authorized, North Atlantic Treaty Organization-commanded military and security force in Afghanistan, in both a combat and training role
- Iraq War, insurgency : The period of the Iraq War following the end of major combat operations, and the beginning of significant guerrilla warfare in July - August 2003.
- Iraq War, major combat phase : That part of the Iraq War involving the initial invasion by large-scale ground forces
- Joint Network Node : A transportable communications routing and circuit-switching node, designed as a transition into the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- M109 howitzer : A family of self-propelled 155mm howitzers developed by the U.S. Army
- Marine Air-Ground Task Force : The basic structure of United States Marine Corps combined arms, task-organized units
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action