Connective tissue disease/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Connective tissue disease, or pages that link to Connective tissue disease or to this page or whose text .
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine
- Autoimmunity : The failure of an organism to recognize its own constituent parts (down to the sub-molecular levels) as "self", which results in an immune response against its own cells and tissues.
- Fibromyalgia : Inflammation of the fibrous or connective tissue of the body, characterized by acute and debilitating widespread musculoskeletal pain.
- Mixed connective tissue disease : Either an overlap syndrome or distinct disease entity, with overlapping clinical features of scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, and Raynaud's phenomenon
- Polymyositis : Add brief definition or description
- Scleroderma : Add brief definition or description
- Systemic lupus erythematosus : Connective tissue disorder, that primarily affect women of childbearing age, have a variety of clinical forms, and are characterized by red scaly skin lesions.
- Sjogren's syndrome : Chronic inflammatory and autoimmune disease in which the salivary and lacrimal glands undergo progressive destruction by lymphocytes and plasma cells resulting in decreased production of saliva and tears. The primary form, often called sicca syndrome, involves both keratoconjunctivitis sicca and xerostomia. The secondary form includes, in addition, the presence of a connective tissue disease, usually rheumatoid arthritis.