Cerebral cortex/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Cerebral cortex, or pages that link to Cerebral cortex or to this page or whose text .
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Grey matter : A subset of brain tissue that contains few myelinated axons but the somas of nerve cells, as well as glia and endothelial structures.
- Neocortex : The six-layered outer layer of the mammalian brain.
- Archicortex : Add brief definition or description
- Paleocortex : Add brief definition or description
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Neuroimaging : A group of techniques used to visualize structure and function of nervous systems, especially the vertebrate brain.
- Cerebrospinal fluid : The liquid in which the central nervous system is embedded.
- Pia mater : The innermost of the meninges; surrounds the entire brain and spinal cord, descends into sulci.
- Dura mater : Add brief definition or description
- White matter : A subset of brain tissue whose volume is dominated by myelinated axons of nerve cells.