- See also changes related to Biotechnology, or pages that link to Biotechnology or to this page or whose text .
- Bioengineering : The application of electrical, mechanical, chemical, optical, nuclear and other engineering principles to understand, modify and control biological (plants and animals - including human) systems.
- Pharmaceutical company : Add brief definition or description
- Biotechnology and plant breeding : The use of microorganisms, such as bacteria or yeasts, or biological substances, such as enzymes, to improve plants and prevent plant diseases.
Key visionaries and personalities in biotechnology sector
- Finland : Leena Palotie
- Iceland : Kari Stefansson
- Ireland : Timothy O'Brien, Dermot P Kelleher, Pearse Lyons
- USA : Kate Jacques, David Botstein, Craig Venter, Sydney Brenner, Eric Lander, Leroy Hood, Robert Langer, Henry I. Miller, Roger Beachy, William Rutter, George Rathmann, Herbert Boyer, Michael West, Thomas Okarma
- Europe : Paul D Kemp
- India : Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (Biocon)