Ballistic missile submarine/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Ballistic missile submarine, or pages that link to Ballistic missile submarine or to this page or whose text .
- Submarine : A ship or boat that can travel underwater
- Ballistic missile : A guided missile which, once its engines stop firing, follows a generally parabolic path to its target, defined by momentum, aerodynamic resistance, and gravity
- William Raborn : Vice admiral, United States Navy, whose career was marked by great success in creating the UGM-27 Polaris submarine-launched ballistic missile, and an embarrassing assignment as Director of Central Intelligence, for which he had no background
- United States Strategic Command : The U.S. unified headquarters for the missions of worldwide nuclear and conventional precision strike; command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of strategic operations; global network operations of the Global Information Grid, information operations, ballistic missile defense, and reduction of Weapons of Mass Destruction threats
- George Washington-class : The first class of fleet ballistic missile submarines in the U.S. Navy, now all decommisioned.
- Ohio-class : The sole operational class of U.S. ballistic missile submarines, firing the Trident D5; some have been converted for special operations and cruise missile launch
- UGM-27 Polaris : The first operational submarine-launched ballistic missile, of medium to intermediate range
- Delta I-class : Add brief definition or description
- Delta II-class : Add brief definition or description
- Delta III-class : Add brief definition or description
- Delta IV-class : Add brief definition or description
- Typhoon-class : Add brief definition or description