- See also changes related to Submarine, or pages that link to Submarine or to this page or whose text .
- Anti-submarine warfare : (ASW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking underwater vessels, from platforms under naval command and control.
- Anti-surface warfare : (ASuW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking surface vessels, from small boats to supertankers and aircraft carriers, from platforms under naval command and control
- Air-independent propulsion : Add brief definition or description
- Cavitation : Add brief definition or description
- Diesel-electric : Add brief definition or description
- Pump-jet : Add brief definition or description
- Snorkel : Add brief definition or description
- Periscope : Add brief definition or description
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Anti-shipping missile : An air, surface (sea or land), or submarine-launched missile that can track and intercept a maneuvering ship target against the background of moving water
- P-700 Granit : A Soviet-designed cruise missile, with the NATO reporting designation SS-N-19 SHIPWRECK, launched from ships and submarines, typically against ship targets
- Cruise missile : A guided missile that uses aerodynamic forces, as well as active jet or rocket propulsion, to stay airborne and to adjust its course.
- Submarine-launched ballistic missile : A ballistic missile launched from a normally submerged submarine, which has multiple engineering challenges, chief among them being computing a correct ballistic trajectory from a varying point of launch (POL)
- Type 209-class : Add brief definition or description
- Type 212-class : Add brief definition or description
- Type 800-class : Add brief definition or description
- Dolphin-class : The latest submarine class in the Israeli Defense Forces, a variant of the German Type 800-class
- Gal-class : Israeli Defense Forces submarine, built in Britain using the German Type 209-class design
- Conqueror-class : Add brief definition or description
- Vanguard-class : British-developed and operated ballistic missile submarines, armed with UGM-133 Trident D5 missiles with UK-built warheads
- Astute-class : Add brief definition or description
- Sturgeon-class : Add brief definition or description
- Los Angeles-class : The primary class of attack submarines in the United States Navy, built in three groups of which early models are being retired; to be replaced by the Virginia-class
- Improved Los Angeles-class : Add brief definition or description
- Seawolf-class : A class of advanced attack submarines of the United States Navy, optimized for Cold War requirements as a replacement for the Los Angeles-class; production capped and replacement shifted to the Virginia-class
- Virginia-class : Latest attack submarine class of the U.S. Navy, smaller than Seawolf-class for cost and to give better littoral warfare capabilities; port-swappable mission modules to optimize for surveillance, special operations