Anti-spam techniques/Related Articles
- Email system : General overview of how the Internet electronic mail system works.
- Spam (e-mail) : Add brief definition or description
- IP blacklist : A list of known web site addresses that are considered off limits or dangerous.
- Email greylisting : A spam prevention method in which the receiving mail server rejects a message the first time it is received.
- Email challenge-response : An authentication method that verifies the purported sender's address by sending a challenge to that address.
- Whitelisting : Add brief definition or description
- Port filtering : Add brief definition or description
- Closed relays : Add brief definition or description
- Malware : A term created from the words "malicious" and "software", used to describe undesirable or harmful software and changes to a computer.
- Botnet : A set of compromised computers which can collectively provide services to a "bot herder".
- Denial of service : An attack on a computer or communications system that tries to prevent the system delivering its normal services to its users,