Advanced Micro Devices/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Advanced Micro Devices, or pages that link to Advanced Micro Devices or to this page or whose text .
- Electronics : Science of systems that work based on the flow of electrons through various substances or a vacuum, for the purposes of storing information or controlling devices.
- Integrated circuit : Miniaturized electronic circuit that has been manufactured in the surface of a thin substrate of semiconductor material.
- Central processor : Add brief definition or description
- Multicore processor : One of several independent processing units in a single integrated circuit package; other than at the lowest hardware and software level, the integrated circuit is treated as a single processing element
- Floating point coprocessor : Add brief definition or description
- Memory management unit : Add brief definition or description
Major current product series
- AMD Opteron series : High-performance computer chipsets, 32/64 bit-capable, intended for servers and high-performance workstations
- AMD Quad-Core series : Extremely high performance, multicore processors intended for server and demanding workstation applications
- AMD Phenom series : A moderately high performance multicore processor aimed at the high but not extreme end of the desktop workstation market, including graphics capability for multimedia and computer gaming; lower in computing power than the AMD Opteron series and AMD Quad-Core series.
- AMD Athlon series : Moderately high-performance computer processors, in both 32-bit/64-bit and single core/multicore processor models, with reduced power requirements suitable for desktop workstations but also high-end laptops
- AMD Sempron series : Processors intended for price-sensitive desktops and laptops
- AMD Turion series : A family of 32/64-bit processors optimized for the power consumption constraints of mobile and laptop computers, but still offering multicore processor performance; higher performance than AMD Sempron series