From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Flavivirus, or pages that link to Flavivirus or to this page or whose text .
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Infectious disease : In broad terms, diseases caused by living organisms; also a subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the treatment of such diseases
- Virus (biology) : A microscopic particle that can infect the cells of a biological organism and can reproduce only with the assistance of the cells it infects.
- Vector-borne diseases : Infectious diseases that do not transmit directly between their ultimate victims, but require an intermediate living carrier, such as mosquitoes in malaria or fleas in plague
- Culex : Add brief definition or description
- Viral hemorrhagic fever : Illnesses that are caused by five distinct families of RNA viruses: the Arenaviridae, Filoviridae, Bunyaviridae, Togaviridae, and Flaviviridae, characterized by fever and bleeding disorders that can all progress to high fever, shock and death in extreme cases.