From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Estonia. Needs checking by a human.
- Commonwealth of Independent States : Regional organization, founded in 1991 by Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine, whose participating countries are former Soviet Republics.
- Communism : A political ideology, and also a system of government, according to which the means of production (including all large business concerns) should be controlled by the government.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- Latvia : Small republic (population c. 2.3 million; capital Riga) on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea; lies between Estonia and Lithuania, with Russian Federation and Belorussia to the east.
- Russian language : Widely-used member of the Slavic languages, written in the Cyrillic alphabet and spoken across Eurasia.
- Russia : A country in northern Eurasia, with an area of 17 million km², currently the largest on our planet.
- Soviet Union : A Communist state, which took over the Russian Empire, after the Russian Revolution of 1917 that existed from 1922 to 1991; the major part now extant as the Russian Federation
- Uralic languages : Add brief definition or description