Attack cargo ship/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Attack cargo ship, or pages that link to Attack cargo ship or to this page or whose text .
- Amphibious warfare : The set of techniques, equipment, specialized units, and methods of training needed to move troops across water, and deliver them to land, ready for immediate combat.
- Second World War : Alternative term for World War II.
- Arcturus-class : An obsolete class of U.S. Navy amphibious warfare cargo ships.
- Andromeda-class : A class of attack cargo ships for amphibious warfare
- Charleston-class : Add brief definition or description
- Tolland-class : One of the U.S. attack cargo ship types of the Second World War
- Combat loading : A method of loading cargo into ships that will carry it to amphibious landing sites, such that can be unloaded in a manner optimized to meet the operational needs of combat rather than maximizing the utilization of the ship's cargo space
- Landing craft : A boat or other self-propelled watercraft, carried aboard a ship, intended for amphibious warfare or similar operations where landings at a prepared seaport are not practical. Such a craft may discharge troops or equipment on the beach, or may be capable of independent movement on land.