Wilhelm Groener/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Wilhelm Groener, or pages that link to Wilhelm Groener or to this page or whose text .
- German military forces : German military traditions and organization from pre-19th century unification, through the World Wars, through reunification
- World War I : Massive international conflict involving the Allies and Central Powers between 1914-1918.
- Helmut Moltke the Younger : Add brief definition or description
- Weimar Republic : Post-First World War democracy government in Germany, created in 1918 and ending in 1933 when the new Weimar Chancellor, Adolf Hitler, took control through parliamentary maneuver and became dictator
- Heinrich Bruening : (1885-1970) Chancellor of Germany (Zentrum) (1930-1932) during the Weimar Republic; known as the "hunger chancellor" in dealing with economic crises
- Erich Ludendorff : (1865-1937) First Quartermaster-General/Chief of Army Staff for Germany in WWI; became right-wing politician, participated in Beer Hall Putsch, serving as a Nazi Reichstag deputy 1924-1928 but eventually broke with the Nazis
- Kurt von Schleicher : (1881-1934) WW1 Staff Officer, Reichswehr general, Chancellor of Germany (1932-33); killed, with his wife, during Night of the Long Knives Purge
- Sturmabteilung : The Nazi "brownshirt" paramilitary organization, also known as the SA
- Paul von Hindenburg : (1847-1934) German Field Marshal in WWI, Chief of Staff and then Chief of the Army with Erich Ludendorff as principal deputy; told Wilhelm II he had to abdicate; President of Germany 1925-1934, replaced by Adolf Hitler only after death due to his popularity