Kurt von Schleicher/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Kurt von Schleicher, or pages that link to Kurt von Schleicher or to this page or whose text .
- Weimar Republic : Post-First World War democracy government in Germany, created in 1918 and ending in 1933 when the new Weimar Chancellor, Adolf Hitler, took control through parliamentary maneuver and became dictator
- Paul von Hindenburg : (1847-1934) German Field Marshal in WWI, Chief of Staff and then Chief of the Army with Erich Ludendorff as principal deputy; told Wilhelm II he had to abdicate; President of Germany 1925-1934, replaced by Adolf Hitler only after death due to his popularity
- Wilhelm Groener : (1867-1939) WWI German senior staff general who distinguished himself in logistics; eventually became Minister of Defense and political influencer in the Weimar Republic
- Black Reichswehr : Paramilitary and military units created by Germany, in excess of the Treaty of Versailles limits on the Reichswehr; basis for secret German-Soviet cooperation; involved in Weimar right-wing politics
- Heinrich Bruening : (1885-1970) Chancellor of Germany (Zentrum) (1930-1932) during the Weimar Republic; known as the "hunger chancellor" in dealing with economic crises
- Adjutant : Military staff position that, depending on the country and doctrine, may be a personal aide to a senior officer, the senior staff officer in a small unit, or an officer in or commanding (Adjutant General) the office of personnel and administration
- Adolf Hitler : (1889–1945) Politician in Germany; became 1921 Nazi Party leader, 1933 Reichskanzler (Chancellor), then 1934 as der Führer dictator before and during World War II.