From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Sturmabteilung, or pages that link to Sturmabteilung or to this page or whose text .
- Adolf Hitler : (1889–1945) Politician in Germany; became 1921 Nazi Party leader, 1933 Reichskanzler (Chancellor), then 1934 as der Führer dictator before and during World War II.
- Ernst Roehm : (1887-1934) Career military officer; early Nazi and closest friend of Adolf Hitler, and the operational leader, in the 1930s, of the Sturmabteilung ("Storm Troops"; “Brownshirts”, SA); revolutionary who emphasized socialism in National Socialism; purged and killed 1934, as part of the Night of the Long Knives
- Horst Wessel : Add brief definition or description
- Horst-Wessel-Lied : Nazi anthem, incorporated into Germany's national anthem from 1933 to 1945.
- Herschel Grynszpan : (1921—1940s) German political assassin and Jewish victim of The Holocaust.
- Night of the Long Knives : 30 June 1934 Nazi purge, personally led by Adolf Hitler of internal political opponents, primarily Ernst Roehm and the SA, but including various others, such as Gregor Strasser or Gen. Kurt von Schleicher, considered a risk or embarrassment to the new coalition with the Right
- Sepp Dietrich : Add brief definition or description
- Theodor Eicke : Nazi Gruppenfuehrer; first commandant of Dachau Concentration Camp and became Inspector of Concentration Camps; with Michael Lippert, personally killed Ernst Roehm during Night of the Long Knives purge; commanded SS Totenkopf Division 1939-1943, when killed in a plane crash
- Michael Lippert : (1897-1969) SS Assistant to Theodor Eicke, assisting him in killing Ernst Roehm; Commanded Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp (1936); severely wounded on Russian Front commanding SS-Volunteer Legion Flandern; first commander, as Standartenfuehrer of 10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg
Military wings of political organizations
- Can Lao : A South Vietnamese semisecret political organization controlled by the Diem brothers