War Democrats/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to War Democrats, or pages that link to War Democrats or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/War Democrats. Needs checking by a human.
- Alexander Long : (1816-1886) American politician who served as a Representative from Ohio; a member of the Democratic Party, Long was one of the anti-war Copperheads who were vociferously opposed to the U.S. Civil War.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- U.S. Democratic Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Republican Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.