From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Copperheads, or pages that link to Copperheads or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Copperheads. Needs checking by a human.
- Alexander Long : (1816-1886) American politician who served as a Representative from Ohio; a member of the Democratic Party, Long was one of the anti-war Copperheads who were vociferously opposed to the U.S. Civil War.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Confederate States of America : Government formed by eleven southern states of the United States between 1861 and 1865, during the American Civil War.
- Ex parte Milligan : An 1866 decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that determined that a U.S. citizen, not part of the military or a prisoner of war, not in an area of hostilities, and where the civil courts were operating, could not be tried by a military tribunal
- Gettysburg Campaign : The Gettysburg Campaign was a decisive defeat for the Confederacy in the American Civil War in June-July 1863; Gen. Robert E. Lee was the loser, Gen. George Meade of the Union Army the winner.
- Horace Greeley : Add brief definition or description
- Ironclad Oath : Add brief definition or description
- Jacksonian Democracy : The political philosophy of the Second Party System in the United States in the 1820s to 1840s, especially the positions of President Andrew Jackson and his followers in the new Democratic Party.
- Project Muse : A subscription-based academic journals site operated by the Johns Hopkins University Press.
- U.S. Democratic Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Republican Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.
- War Democrats : Add brief definition or description