Volcanic eruption/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Volcanic eruption: The discharge of a volcano, containing lava, tephra and gases.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Geology : The scientific study of the structure and composition of the earth's crust and its changes over time.
- Earth's crust : Add brief definition or description
- Plate tectonics : Theory that explains geological phenomena such as seismicity, volcanism, continental drift, and mountain building in terms of the formation, destruction, movement, and interaction of the earth's lithospheric plates.
- Continental plate : Add brief definition or description
- Volcanology : Add brief definition or description
- Volcano : A peak on the Earth's crust — usually near or on the boundaries between continental plates — through which lava and gases have erupted.
- Magma : Add brief definition or description
- Lava : Add brief definition or description
- Tephra : Add brief definition or description
- Black smoker : Add brief definition or description
- Earthquake : Sudden motion or trembling of Earth, which results from shock waves generated by the elastic movement of rock masses deep within the Earth, particularly near boundaries of tectonic plates.
- Tsunami : Add brief definition or description
- Origin of life : How did self-replicating biochemistry and cells arise from the prebiotic world approximately four billion years ago? Aka abiogenesis.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Geothermal power : Energy extraction from the heat stored beneath the Earth's surface which can be used directly for space and other heating or for generating electricity.