Vertical takeoff and landing/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Vertical takeoff and landing, or pages that link to Vertical takeoff and landing or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Vertical takeoff and landing. Needs checking by a human.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Armed helicopter : A helicopter that can be configured to carry troops or cargo only, light weapons and troops, or possibly a heavier ammunition load with still-removable weapons.
- Attack helicopter : A helicopter equipped with built-in heavy weapons, which has no standard cargo capacity and is used as a "flying tank" in close air support or battlefield air interdiction.
- Rotary wing aircraft : Aircraft, especially a helicopter, that is kept partially or completely airborne by airfoils rotating around a vertical axis.