From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Satire : The art of exposing human vice and folly.
- Sociology : Social science that studies human social behavior or social relations, social institutions and structures, demography, public opinion, social welfare, social psychology and some forms of political behavior, as well as the history of sociology.
- Erewhon : Add brief definition or description
- Looking Backward : An 1888 novel by Edward Bellamy describing a socialist utopia of the year 2000; one of the most influential works of the 19th century.
- The New Atlantis : A utopian fantasy by Francis Bacon (1561-1626) set in the fictitious country of Bensalem located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1984 : Add brief definition or description
- Brave New World : Dystopic novel written by British author Aldous Huxley in 1931 describing a totalitarian society based on eugenics.
- Technocracy : Rule of the skilled. A type of government composed of experts.