Brave New World/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Brave New World, or pages that link to Brave New World or to this page or whose text .
- Aldous Huxley : (1894-1963) British novelist best known for his dystopian novel Brave New World.
- Science fiction : A story-telling genre that presents alternatives to what is currently considered scientifically possible or that extrapolates from present-day knowledge.
- Eugenics : The general name for a series of ostensibly scientific claims about inheritance among humans, which sought to eliminate traits, such as "imbecility" or criminal behavior, by selective sterilization, regulation of family size, and restrictions on who could marry whom.
- Fordism : A term in economic history for the efficiencies and economic impact of mass production, following the model Henry Ford developed in the 1910s and 1920s.
- Utopia : The name of a fictional society created by Sir Thomas More as a satire on his own, European, society; by extension, it has come to represent all ideal societies, real or imagined.
- Dystopia : A fictional future society that is severely dysfunctional, and seen as a very bad direction for humanity
- To Serve Man : Add brief definition or description
- Looking Backward : An 1888 novel by Edward Bellamy describing a socialist utopia of the year 2000; one of the most influential works of the 19th century.