User talk:Robin Buckley
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Larry Sanger 17:14, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Robin, welcome aboard CZ. Larry has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. In particular, many of the articles here could do well with more or better illustrations, in particular with photographs. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Photography: Art and science of capturing an image on a light sensitive material.
- Wedding: Add brief definition or description
- Ceremony: Add brief definition or description
- Online community: An online community is a group of people who are closely interacting mainly online, with a shared, unifying goal for the whole group.
- Bride: Add brief definition or description
- Groom: Add brief definition or description
- Magazine: Add brief definition or description
- Veil: Add brief definition or description
- Bouquet: Add brief definition or description
- Flower: The part of a flowering plant (angiosperm) containing its reproductive organs.
Finally, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, Daniel Mietchen 11:46, 23 October 2008 (UTC)