User talk:Edward Alan Draper
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Hayford Peirce 20:00, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Dear Edward, welcome aboard CZ. Hayford has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute given your expertise. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Health care : Add brief definition or description
- Emergency medicine : Emergency medicine is both a specific medical specialty dealing with the proper care of patients with unexpected injuries or disease, but also the provision of entire systems for such care, beginning with minimal bystander assistance, through field medicine, emergency rooms and trauma centers, and movement to specialized facilities such as burn units and interventional neuroradiology
- Intensive care : Advanced and highly specialized care provided to medical or surgical patients whose conditions are life-threatening and require comprehensive care and constant monitoring. It is usually administered in specially equipped units of a health care facility, directed by intensivists.
- Medical school : A higher education institution awarding academic degrees in medicine and related fields.
- Medical Doctor : Add brief definition or description
- Health law : Add brief definition or description
- American Medical Association : Still the largest, but no longer dominating the health care although still influential, American physician professional society formed in 1847
- American College of Emergency Medicine : Add brief definition or description
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Kansas : 34th state of the USA
Furthermore, in case you are still involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 20:38, 23 March 2010 (UTC)