Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
University of Oxford/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to University of Oxford, or pages that link to University of Oxford or to this page or whose text .
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Oxford : A city in Oxfordshire, UK, known as the location of Oxford University.
- University : A type of institution that provides higher or tertiary education.
- Pembroke College, Oxford : A college of the University of Oxford in England; its main buildings are on Pembroke Square.
Alumni and Faculty
- Douglas Adams : (1952–2001) English author, comic radio dramatist, and musician, best known as the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Tony Blair : Former Labour Party politician and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007).
- Richard Dawkins : British ethologist, evolutionary biologist; writer and broadcaster on science and atheism (born 1941).
- Stephen Oppenheimer : A University of Oxford professor and leading expert in using DNA to track global human migrations over the past 50,000 years.
- J.R.R. Tolkien : (1892-1973) University professor and author, best known for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- Margaret Thatcher : The first woman Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, famous for her free market views and for successfully waging the Falklands War, frequently called the "Iron Lady".
- The Inklings : The discussion group at Oxford University in which two of the key 20th century authors of Fantasy, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien, met to discuss their work.