United States Navy SEAL/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to United States Navy SEAL, or pages that link to United States Navy SEAL or to this page or whose text .
- United States Special Operations Command : A U.S. Unified Combatant Command with both functional and operational responsibilities, both to prepare special operations forces for the geographic commands, and to execute strategic special operations, typically under national orders and high security classification
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Lien Doc Nguoi Nhia : Add brief definition or description
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Operation URGENT FURY : Add brief definition or description
- Operation JUST CAUSE : 1989 brief U.S. invasion of Panama to remove the government of Manuel Noriega; this is the public "code name" — the actual classified name for planning was BLUE SPOON
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Task Force 151 : A multinational naval task force, created around Expeditionary Strike Group TWO from United States Central Command, which is conducting counter-piracy operations in the waters off Somalia; now under Turkish Navy command
- Draper Kaufman : Add brief definition or description
- Rudy Boehm : Add brief definition or description
- Richard Marcinko : Add brief definition or description
- Littoral Combat Ship : Lighter than a U.S. destroyer or frigate, (but heavier than a corvette or fast attack craft) relatively low-cost U.S. Navy warship type, capable of ocean crossings but optimized for coastal operations including mine warfare (MIW), anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface warfare (ASW).
- Submarine : A ship or boat that can travel underwater