USS Winston S. Churchill (DDG-81)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to USS Winston S. Churchill (DDG-81), or pages that link to USS Winston S. Churchill (DDG-81) or to this page or whose text .
- Destroyer : While the definition has evolved constantly, it is a multipurpose surface warship, generally less powerful than a cruiser, with capabilities against ship, aircraft, submarine, land, and sometimes ballistic missile targets
- Winston Churchill : (1874 -1965) WWI Colonial Secretary and First Lord of the Admiralty; Prime Minister of the United Kingdom who led Britain to victory over Nazi Germany in World War II; Nobel Prize in Literature as a historian
- 9-11 Attack : The largest terrorist attack on the continental United States, occurring on September 11, 2001, using hijacked airliners as suicide weapons against major buildings.
- United States Central Command : Unified Combatant Command responsible for U.S. operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, now under the command of General James Mattis