Tricyclic antidepressant/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Tricyclic antidepressant, or pages that link to Tricyclic antidepressant or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Tricyclic antidepressant. Needs checking by a human.
- Adrenergic uptake inhibitor : Drug which acts as a reuptake inhibitor for the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and epinephrine by blocking the action of the norepinephrine transporter.
- Antidepressant : Mood-stimulating drugs used primarily in the treatment of affective disorders and related conditions.
- Depersonalization disorder : A dissociative disorder characterized by a persistent or recurring experience of unreality, where individuals report an experience akin to living in a movie or dream, feeling detached from their body and emotions, and not being in control of their life.
- Depression : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Depression (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Diabetic neuropathy : Negative effects on the nervous system that can be caused by diabetes mellitus, some of which may necessitate amputation.
- Herpes zoster : Herpes virus that is responsible for chicken pox, which results in a painful blistery red rash that is confined to one side of the body.
- Medication : A licensed drug taken to cure or reduce symptoms of an illness or medical condition.
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Parasympathetic nervous system : Motor division of the autonomic nervous system, which has cholinergic nerve endings, which inhibits the heart, contracts the pupils, and produces a vagus-insulin axis of activity.
- Placebo : A treatment or drug, administered by, or at the orders of, a health professional, that the professional knows will have no physiologic effect
- Second-generation antidepressant : Antidepressants characterized primarily by the era of their introduction, rather than by their chemical structure or by their pharmacological effect.
- TCA (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description