Thurgood Marshall/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Thurgood Marshall, or pages that link to Thurgood Marshall or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Thurgood Marshall. Needs checking by a human.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo : Associate Justice of the Supreme Court (1932-1938), nominated by President Herbert Hoover to succeed Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr..
- Clarence Thomas : Add brief definition or description
- Earl Warren : Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States and Governor of California
- Edwards v. Aguillard : 1987 Supreme Court of the United States case which found Louisiana's 'equal treatment' law to be an unconstitutional breach of the Establishment Clause.
- Jim Crow : Add brief definition or description
- Louis E. Martin : American journalist, newspaper publisher, civil rights activist and advisor to three Presidents of the United States.
- Lyndon B. Johnson : American politician (1908-1973); president 1963–1969; known for his civil rights bills and "The Great Society".
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People : United States civil rights organization founded in 1909 "to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination"
- Primary election : Election in which voters in a jurisdiction select candidates for a subsequent election.
- Roe v. Wade : 1973 United States Supreme Court decision that made most state laws outlawing abortion unconstitutional.
- Supreme Court of the United States : The final federal court of appeals in the U.S., consisting of nine Justices.
- Wisconsin v. Yoder : 1972 U.S. Supreme Court decision in which it was held that the constitutional rights of the Amish, under the "free exercise of religion" clause, were violated by the state's compulsory school attendance law.