From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Telemedicine, or pages that link to Telemedicine or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Telemedicine. Needs checking by a human.
- Convergence of communications : Technical specifications and infrastructure to allow all types of communications (e.g., telephone, web, television) to interface over a common set of information transfer technologies
- Digital imaging and communications in medicine : A set of technical specifications for putting medical information consisting of images, of all types, into digital form, such that they can be stored in a computer system or transmitted to a remote computer
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act : The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), public law 104-191, is a statute enacted by the 104th U. S. Congress on August 21, 1996; it's primary impact is on protecting the confidentiality of health-case data.
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- Science 2.0 : An umbrella term used to label the use of Web 2.0 tools for scientific purposes.
- Universal emergency telephone number system : A single, short telephone number, such as 911 or 112, which will connect the caller to a dispatcher capable of determining the need for ambulance, police, fire or other emergency services, and arranging for the service(s) to get to the location where the problem exists