From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Syndrome, or pages that link to Syndrome or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Syndrome. Needs checking by a human.
- AIDS : A collection of symptoms and signs caused when an infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) changes from simple presence to active disease.
- Acute radiation syndrome : Disease or death caused by whole-body irradiation, over a short period of time, with a significant quantity of penetrating radiation
- Aminoglycoside : Antibiotics class that contain an amino sugar and amino- or guanido-substituted inositol rings attached to hexose.
- Asperger's syndrome : A pervasive developmental condition related to autism.
- Breast cancer : Cancer of the glandular breast tissue.
- Central nervous system : The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Child-Pugh Score : Tool that correlates closely to morbidity and mortality in patients with liver disease.
- Cochrane Collaboration : Group of volunteers who review the effects of health care interventions tested in biomedical randomized controlled trials.
- Decerebrate rigidity : Extensor reflexes are exaggerated leading to rigid extension of the limbs.
- Decorticate rigidity : Flexion of the elbows and wrists with extension of the legs and feet.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Encephalitis : Inflammation of the brain due to infection, autoimmune processes, toxins, and other conditions.
- Etiology : Study of causation, or origination, usually applied in medicine to the causes of disease.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Hepatic encephalopathy : Medical syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction associated with liver failure.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Infant colic : A medical term for persistent and inconsolable crying by healthy infants, who are usually between the ages of two and sixteen weeks.
- Infection : Invasion and multiplication of microorganisms in body tissues, especially that causing local cellular injury due to competitive metabolism, toxins, intracellular replication or antigen–antibody response.
- Korsakoff's syndrome : Neurological disorder marked by severe memory loss, resulting from chronic alcoholism, head injury, brain illness, or thiamin deficiency.
- Metabolic syndrome : Clustering of medical conditions associated with abdominal obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, low level of high-density lipoproteins, hypertension, and high fasting glucose level.
- SARS : Contagious viral pneumonia possibly caused by a strain from the Coronavirus family of viruses, that can progress to fatal respiratory failure and is often characterized by high fever, malaise, dry cough, and shortness of breath.
- Symptom : A subjective description of an abnormal state, recounted by a patient, which is informative, but different from the objective result of a sign.