Stryker armored fighting vehicle family/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Stryker armored fighting vehicle family, or pages that link to Stryker armored fighting vehicle family or to this page or whose text .
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action
- Armored fighting vehicle : A military vehicle that is both protected against blast and fragments, and either has offensive weapons or directly supports combat by vehicles with offensive weapons
- M1126 infantry carrier vehicle : Light, wheeled armored personnel carrier of the U.S. Army's Stryker family (ICV)
- M1127 reconnaissance vehicle : Reconnaissance systems and scout soldier carrier of the Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Target Acquisition Squadron in Stryker Brigade Combat Teams (RV)
- M1128 mobile gun system : Direct support self-propelled 105mm cannon in the Stryker family of the U.S. Army (MGS)
- M1129 mortar carrier : (MC) self-propelled 120mm mortar for indirect fire in direct support of Stryker Brigade Combat Teams (MC)
- M1130 command vehicle : A member of the U.S. Army Stryker vehicle series, which contains four workstations for command and staff personnel, working in a mobile, on-the-move combat environment (CV)
- M1131 fire support vehicle : Add brief definition or description (FSV)
- M1132 engineer squad vehicle : Light, wheeled, highly mobile combat engineering vehicle, part of the Stryker family of military vehicles and deployed with Stryker Brigade Combat Teams (ESV)
- M1133 medical evacuation vehicle : Add brief definition or description (MEV)
- M1134 anti-tank guided missile : Add brief definition or description (ATGM)
- M1135 nuclear, biological, chemical reconnaissance vehicle : (NBC RV) Part of the Stryker vehicle family but to be used in both the Stryker and Heavy Brigade Combat Teams, a nuclear, biological, chemical reconnaissance vehicle for battlefield detection and survey; will replace the XM93 Fuchs (nuclear, biological, chemical reconnaissance vehicle) (NBC RV)
- Blue Force Tracker : A U.S. military command and control system, including soldier- and vehicle-level workstations, originally designed for battalion and brigade, but, with network improvements, capable of reaching to higher headquarters and rear areas
- Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below : A U.S. Army system of pocket- and laptop-sized, user-friendly networked computers, for command and control from the individual soldier up to the brigade combat team
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System : A U.S. Army and Marine artillery fire control system that cooperates with Navy and Air Force fire control systems, as well as British, French, Italian and German artillery systems.
- Warfighter Information Network–Tactical : Deployed in several increments of increasing capability, this is the partially deplyed tactical communications system for the U.S. Army, which have far more bandwidth and is becoming a mobile "on the move" self-organizing network; sometimes called the "tactical internet" Through the Army Battle Command System, it interfaces to the Global Information Grid.
- M113 (armored personnel carrier) : A lightly armored, fully tracked, box-shaped vehicle for carrying infantry and equipment, intended as a "battle taxi" to take its load to the edge of the battlefield; produced in the high tens of thousands