Standard language/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Standard language, or pages that link to Standard language or to this page or whose text .
- Sociolinguistics : Branch of linguistics concerned with language in social contexts - how people use language, how it varies, how it contributes to users' sense of identity, etc.
- Language planning : In sociolinguistics, the name for any political attempt to change the status of a language in some way or develop new ways of using it, e.g. a government devising laws to promote a language, or scholars producing an official dictionary; the former is status planning (changing the political recognition of a language), the latter corpus planning (changing the way a language is used).
- Status planning : Add brief definition or description
- Corpus planning : Add brief definition or description
- Dialect : Regional or social variety of a language distinguished by pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary, especially a variety of speech differing from the standard literary language or speech pattern of the culture in which it exists.
- Pluricentric language : Language with different standard varieties, originating from different states (sometimes from different regions, dialects or communities), without precluding the unity of the language.
- Koine : Add brief definition or description
- Diasystem : Add brief definition or description